THE FIRST MONTH OF COLLEGE... | UNL

Hello hello! Kalina here today. It's been a hot minute but I am so excited to be back with a new post. To be honest, college has had its good and bad times but I wanted to give you all a recap of what's happened so far.

I moved into college a little over a month ago and went through sorority recruitment - and it was not at all like I imagined it would be. The process itself was fairly casual which I loved but it was stressful getting dropped with no explanation. That being said, recruitment week went pretty well and I ended up joining Tri Delta. 

After recruitment week ended, classes started. As a Public Relations major, I am in many introductory Journalism classes. This is something I struggled with quite a bit because although I am a PR major, I am not interested in becoming a publicist or anything particularly journalism related. However, I am keeping an open mind because I understand that not all gen-ed classes are tailored to one's exact interests and I also believe that I am in some interesting classes I would have never otherwise taken. I've shared this before but my ultimate goal is to work within the creative department of a fashion, beauty, or lifestyle brand so I hope to incorporate classes into my three years at UNL that will be beneficial for my future career.

Perhaps the strangest thing for me was that I actually loved college when I first came and then experienced a dip in my excitement about being in Nebraska later on. In a weird way, I'm glad I went through a rough time as it made me realize that it's okay to not always put on a happy face just because that's what people expect. I took time for myself and slowly started feeling more content. 

Hands down the best part of my college experience so far has been the people I have met. I could not be more thankful because they are honestly THE BEST. I have the best roommates and floor mates (aka my favorite people ever) I could ask for and amazing friends I have met through classes and just randomly.

Overall, college has been a learning experience beyond my classes. As cliche as this will sound, I have learned so much about myself through the ups and downs. I know we say this all the time, but I really do want to create more content on here and will do my best to make it happen! I hope you all are having an amazing day ♡




xoxo

KALINA

7 komentar

  1. These pictures are SO CUTE! I went through a similar rough time in college but ended up making great memories! All the best xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aggie! College is definitely an experience for the books!

      Delete
  2. I love how real this post is. Thank you for sharing babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a freshman in college this year as well! I'm so glad I finally found someone I can relate to. you're so gorgeous !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are amazing! It reminds me of my college life. At that time, our six girls were so friendly. We often went out together to play and cherish your college life.
    sequin evening dresses

    ReplyDelete